Contact Us
  • Comment

Woman critical after St. Augustine house fire

Posted: May 12, 2014 - 5:48am

Three people were injured Monday in an overnight house fire in St. Augustine.

First Coast News, the Times-Union’s news partner, reports that an elderly woman was critically hurt in the blaze shortly after midnight on Evergreen Avenue. Two other occupants escaped with minor injuries.

Authorities believe the fire was caused by a burning cigarette. The victims’ identities have not been released.

Jim Schoettler: (904) 359-4385

 
Sign up for Jacksonville.com's morning newsletter and get top stories each morning in your inbox.