• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 10 a.m.-noon Dec. 2, Baptist Medical Center-South. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Dec. 9, Florida Department of Health-Duval. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Dec. 9, Webb Wesconnett Library, Conference Room B. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Dec. 9, Highlands Regional Library. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Dec. 11, Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• Tools to Quit Smoking Class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 12, Northeast Florida AHEC. Includes free patches, lozenges, gum, a quit plan, workbook, water bottle and stress ball. Free. Registration, (904) 482-0189.
• The Turning Point Recovery Group for Women, Christian recover and support, 7 p.m. first and third Monday, Southside Church of God in Christ, 2179 Emerson St. (904) 803-1285.
• First Coast Adoption Professionals support group for parents who want to adopt or who have already adopted, 7 p.m. fourth Thursday, Jewish Family and Community Services, 6261 Dupont Station Court E. (904) 394-5763.
• Post Adoption Parent support group, 6:30 p.m. last Tuesday, Children’s Home Society of Florida, 3027 San Diego Road. Child care provided. (904) 493-8306.
• Bosom Buddies of Amelia Island, 5:30 p.m. first Wednesday, Fernandina Beach Police Department, Lime St. (904) 261-0168.
• Breast Cancer support group, presented by Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, 2-3:30 p.m. third Tuesday, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Mayo Building, third floor, Room 3-002N. Facilitated by a clinical social worker and open to breast cancer patients, survivors and caregivers. (904) 953-0707.
• Breast Cancer Support Group of St. Augustine, 7 p.m. first Tuesday, Flagler Hospital, 400 Health Park Blvd., Suite 1010. (904) 819-4693, 819-4793 or bcsgofstaug.com.
• Bro-to-Bro Prostate support group, 6:15-8 p.m. second Tuesday, Baptist Medical Center Beaches, 1350 13th Ave. S., Medical Staff Conference Room, East Pavilion, Jacksonville Beach. (904) 508-4956.
• Candid Conversations about Breast Cancer, educational support group for breast cancer survivors and their caregivers, 6-7 p.m. third Tuesday, St. Vincent’s Mary Virginia Terry Cancer Center, 2 Shircliff Way, second floor. Park free on second floor of the DePaul Building parking garage. (904) 308-5490.
• Christian Cancer support group, third Thursday, Mandarin United Methodist Church, 11270 San Jose Blvd. (904) 268-5549.
• Esophageal Cancer support group, 12:30 p.m. third Friday in January, April, July and October, Mayo Clinic, Vincent Stabile Building, Room 150, 4481 Mellish Drive. Group focus is on what works well with esophageal patients pre- and post-operative as well as caregivers 24/7. Call if wheelchair is needed. (904) 374-4599 or email@example.com.
• Head and Neck Cancer support group, 6 p.m. Nov. 21, Ackerman Cancer Center, 10881 San Jose Blvd. Registration required. (904) 880-5522.
• Head and Neck Cancer support group, presented by Ackerman Cancer Center, 11:30 a.m. Nov. 22, Baptist Medical Center Nassau’s board room, Amelia Island. Registration required. (904) 277-2700.
• Hope Cancer Support Group for Women, 7-8:30 p.m. first Tuesday, Orange Park Cancer Center, 2161 Kingsley Ave., Suite 200. (904) 538-3673.
• Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Northern and Central Florida Chapter, 6:15 p.m. fourth Thursday, 7077 Bonneval Road, second floor conference floor. (904) 332-6414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lung Cancer Connection, 6-7:30 p.m. third Monday, Aetna building, 841 Prudential Drive, Suite 180. (904) 519-2738.
• Man-to-Man Prostate Cancer support group for Duval County, 6:30-8 p.m. fourth Tuesday, UF Health Jacksonville Faculty Clinic Building, 653 W. Eighth St. (904) 398-0537.
• Men Helping Men support group to help men make informed decisions throughout their prostate cancer journey, 6 p.m. Nov. 27, Ackerman Cancer Center, 10881 San Jose Blvd. Reservations, (904) 880-5522.
• Northeast Florida Brain Tumor Patient/Caregiver support group, 10-11:30 a.m. third Saturday, FCCJ’s Deerwood Center, 9911 Old Baymeadows Road. (904) 273-8755.
• North Florida Multiple Myeloma support group, 6-8:30 p.m. second Wednesday, Mayo Clinic’s Cannaday Building, Room 1106. Program followed by a light supper. Features sharing experiences and concerns and to learn the latest in treatments, clinical trials and coping skills. Patients, family, caregivers and friends welcome. Reservations required. (904) 491-0007 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ribbons and Roses breast cancer support group, 7 p.m. second Tuesday, Jacksonville Naval Hospital, Jacksonville Naval Air Station, in the general surgery waiting room. (904) 542-7857.
• St. Augustine cancer support group, 2-3 p.m. second Tuesday, Flagler Hospital Cancer Resource Center, 400 Health Park Blvd., Suite 1010. (904) 519-2738.
• Support for People with Oral, Head and Neck Cancer, 6 p.m. third Tuesday, Ackerman Cancer Center, 10881 San Jose Blvd. Program is a focus group for oral, head and neck cancer patients and their caregivers, on how to improve treatment and programs. Registration, (904) 880-5522 or facebook.com/AckermanCancerCenter.
• Yoga for Breast Cancer, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. second Thursday, Mindful Motion Yoga, 3546 St. Johns Bluff Road, No. 119. Registration, (904) 631-8173.
• Women with Breast, Uterine, Cervical and Ovarian cancers support group, for women in treatment and early stages of survivorship, 10:30-11:30 a.m. second Wednesday, Baptist Medical Center Beaches, 1350 13th Ave. S., Jacksonville Beach. (904) 627-1960.
• Alzheimer’s caregiver support group, 1 p.m. first Thursday, Woodlawn Presbyterian Church, 3026 Woodlawn Road, (904) 768-5905; 6:30 p.m. third Tuesday, St. Paul United Methodist Church, 8264 Lone Star Road, (904) 721-2167; 3:30 p.m. second Wednesday, River Garden, 11401 Old St. Augustine Road; 5 p.m. third Thursday, Almost Home Adult Day Care, 3604 Cardinal Point Drive; 6:30 p.m. third Tuesday, All Saints Episcopal Church, 4171 Hendricks Ave., respite care provided, reservations required; 11 a.m. third Saturday, Peaches na’ Basket Adult Day Care, 2040 Soutel Drive; 11 a.m. second Saturday, Carriage Club, 9601 Southbrook Drive; dinner 5 p.m., meeting 5:30 p.m. first Tuesday, Camellia at Deerwood, 10061 Sweetwater Parkway, reservations required; 6:30 p.m. second Wednesday, Palms Presbyterian Church, 3410 Third St. S., Jacksonville Beach; dinner 6:30 p.m., meeting 7 p.m. first Wednesday, Allegro at Fleming Island, 3651 U.S. 17, Orange Park; 1 p.m. third Tuesday, Clay County Council on Aging, 604 Walnut St., Green Cove Springs, respite care provided, reservations required. (800) 272-3900.
• Caregiver support group, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, 6 p.m. last Tuesday, Anthem Lakes, 905 Assisi Lane. (800) 272-3900.
• Dementia support group, for caregivers and family members, 3:30 p.m. second Wednesday, River Garden Hebrew Home, 11401 Old St. Augustine Road. (904) 288-7851.
• Early Stage support group for couples, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, 6:30 p.m. second Tuesday, Camellia at Deerwood, 10061 Sweetwater Parkway. (800) 272-3900.
• Alzheimer’s Association caregiver support group, 9:30 a.m. second Wednesday, Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 1100 Stockton St. (904) 354-4666 or Alzheimer’s patient help line, (800) 272-3900.
• Caregiver support group, presented by Haven Hospice, 4-5 p.m. first Monday, Custead Care Center, 745 Blanding Blvd., Orange Park. (904) 279-1677.
• Caregiver support group, 4-5 p.m. first Wednesday, Haven Hospice, 8301 Cypress Plaza Drive. (904) 279-1677.
• Council on Aging Caregiver support meetings, 7 p.m. second Wednesday, Coastal Community Center, 180 Marine St., St. Augustine; 1:30 p.m. third Thursday, St. Johns County Council on Aging; 1:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursday, River House, 179 Marine St., St. Augustine; 2:30 p.m. fourth Thursday, The Players Senior Community Center, 175 Landrum Lane, Ponte Vedra Beach. (904) 280-3233, 737-2553 or 209-3674.
• Northeast Florida Brain Tumor Patient/Caregiver support group, 10-11:30 a.m. third Saturday, FCCJ Deerwood Center, 9911 Old Baymeadows Road. (904) 273-8755.
• Rethinking Our Approach to Dementia caregiver’s support group, 3 p.m. second Tuesday, Atria San Pablo, 14199 William Davis Parkway. (904) 821-9900.
• The Jacksonville Birthing Project, 10 a.m. fourth Saturday, Murray Hill branch library, 918 Edgewood Ave. S. Event is a mentoring program for pregnant women and mothers with children up to two years. Includes food. Free. Registration, (904) 235-5835 or email email@example.com.
• Making Ends Meet support group for single moms, third Saturday, Mandarin library, 3330 Kori Road. (904) 673-8697.
• Mom and Baby support group, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. third Friday, St. Vincent’s Seton Center, 3 Shircliff Way, Dillon Building, Suite 320. (904) 308-6359.
• Weight Loss Surgery Peer-to-Peer support group, 6-7 p.m. first Tuesday, St. Vincent’s Southside, 4203 Belfort Road, Roger Main Building, Room 340. (904) 450-6090.
• D.A.D. — Dad All Day support group for fathers, presented by Family Support Services of North Florida, 1-2 p.m. first Saturday, Schell-Sweet Community Resource Center, 1697 Kings Road. Includes learning, discussion and networking on how to develop stronger relationships with their families. (904) 864-5390.
• DAWN — Divorce Aftercare Women Need support group, 7-9 p.m. first Tuesday, The Quick Law Group, 4312 Pablo Professional Court. Group for women going through divorce or are already divorced, but not experiencing life the way it should be led. Facilitator is Sharon Williams, an ordained minister and founder of Go to Nations and Act 4 Nations. Free. (904) 241-0012 or thequicklawgroup.com/events.
• Mentoring Mamas, “Mompreneurs: Connecting Motherhood to Business,” 10 a.m. third Thursday, Wells Fargo building, 1601 Main St. N., second floor. Group is a peer-to-peer mentoring program designed to support mompreneurs in addressing the unique issues we face in raising a family while growing a business. Kids welcome. mentoringmamas.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bereavement support groups, various days, dates and at Community Hospice venues, in Jacksonville and St. Johns, Nassau and Clay counties. communityhospice.com.
• Bereavement support group, led by Rabbi Michael Matuson, 5:45-6:45 p.m. second Friday, Beth El the Beaches Synagogue, 288 N. Roscoe Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach. Group explores the various ways Jewish tradition has understood death, examining the Jewish rituals, prayers and customs designed to help the bereaved cope with grief and loss. (904) 285-3951 or 273-9100.
• Caregiver support group, 4-5 p.m. first Monday, Custead Care Center, 745 Blanding Blvd., Orange Park. (904) 279-1677.
• Compassionate Friends, support group for families following the death of a child, 7-9 p.m. second Monday, Southside United Methodist Church, 3120 Hendricks Ave., (904) 308-7481; 7 p.m. second Thursday, Flagler Hospital, 301 Health Park Blvd., St. Augustine, (904) 794-5609.
• Families of Slain Children grief support group, 6 p.m. first and third Thursdays, 3108 N. Myrtle Ave. (904) 683-4986.
• Grief and Loss support group, presented by Haven Hospice, 7-8 p.m. third Thursday, St. Luke Catholic Church, 1606 Blanding Blvd., Middleburg. (904) 279-1677.
• Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing support group, 10 a.m.-noon first and last Tuesday; Amber Chapter, 6 p.m. second Tuesday. Group is for those losing a child or loved one due to substance use. For questions and location, call Charlene Powers at (904) 699-7547, grasphelp.org or email email@example.com.
• Homicide Grief support group for men, 5:30-8:30 p.m. second Thursday, Compassionate Families, 218 Broad St. For male survivors affected by homicide. Includes light refreshments. (904) 354-0007.
• Homicide Grief support group for families, 5:30-8:30 p.m. third Thursday, Compassionate Families, 218 Broad St. For families affected by homicide. Includes light refreshments. (904) 354-0007.
• Parents with Hope, 6 p.m. first Tuesday, Ponte Vedra Valley Cemetery, 4750 Palm Valley Road, Ponte Vedra Beach. Program for parents of young adult and adult children that have died. (904) 285-1130 or 704-0036.
• Survivors of Suicide, 7:15-9 p.m. first and third Thursday. For families who have lost a loved one to suicide. Call for location. (904) 868-5156 or neflsurvivors.com.
• ALS Association Florida Chapter Jacksonville support group, 2-4 p.m. first Wednesday, Southeast branch library, Meeting Room A, 10599 Deerwood Park Blvd. (888) 257-1717, ext. 112.
• Alzheimer’s/dementia support group for Nassau County, 1:30-2:30 p.m. third Thursday, Nassau County Council on Aging, 1367 S. 18th St., Fernandina Beach. No pre-registration required. (904) 491-3222.
• Amelia Island Ostomy support group, 6:30 p.m. last Monday, January-April and September-October, Baptist Hospital Nassau’s board room, 1250 S. 18th St., Fernandina Beach. Parking free. (904) 310-9054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AMP It Up Amputee support group, noon last Thursday, Life Care Center of Orange Park, 2145 Kingsley Ave., Orange Park. Includes a free lunch. Reservations, (904) 272-2424.
• Amp Talk, support group of Northeast Florida amputees, family and caregivers, 1 p.m. second Saturday, various restaurants. Call for location, (904) 794-1888.
• Amputee support group, The Leg Up, 6 p.m. fourth Wednesday, 8833 Perimeter Park Blvd. (888) 972-5725 or savealegsavealife.org.
• Beyond Affairs Network support group, second Saturday, for those dealing with a partner’s extramarital affair. Email for location and times. email@example.com.
• Brain Aneurysm and Arteriovenous Malformation support group, 6-7:30 p.m. third Tuesday, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Weaver Tower 11th floor, 800 Prudential Drive. niekrofoundation.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Clay Council of the Blind, 10 a.m. first Monday, Fleming Island Library, 1895 Town Center Blvd. (904) 264-4612 or 388-1192.
• “CPAP Chat” virtual support group, 7 p.m. first Wednesday, prior to session, call (800) 204-6655, access code 342-2187#. Group for people with sleep apnea and health care professionals. cpapchat.org or email email@example.com.
• Epilepsy parent support group, 6:30 p.m. second Thursday, Hendricks Avenue Baptist Church, Room D-4, 4001 Hendricks Ave. Reservations, (904) 731-3752.
• Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue support group, 6-8 p.m. first Thursday, Life Care Center of Orange Park, 2145 Kingsley Ave. Meeting to discuss the latest information on fibromyalgia. (904) 291-1099.
• Hearing Loss Association of America, Jacksonville Chapter, 6:30 p.m. third Tuesday, meeting 7 p.m., Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, 10th Floor, 807 Children’s Way. Speakers are Eric Witherspoon and Jennifer Reilly, on assistive listen devices, including the CapTel Captioned Phone. Includes a light meal of sandwiches, dessert and drinks. Communication Access Realtime translation available. Free. (904) 778-2265, hla-jax.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Huntington’s Disease Society of America, North Florida Affiliate, 7 p.m. third Tuesday, Palm Garden of Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 5725 Spring Park Road. (904) 629-4448 or email email@example.com.
• IBDKIDS, support group for children with Crohn’s Disease and Colitis, 7-8:30 p.m. second Friday. Call for information and directions. (904) 771-5792.
• Jacksonville Ostomy support group, Chapter of the United Ostomy Association of America, 3 p.m. third Sunday, Medical Care Products, 4836 Victor St. (904) 733-8500.
• Northeast Florida Brain Tumor Patient/Caregiver support group, 10-11:30 a.m. third Saturday, FCCJ Deerwood Center, 9911 Old Baymeadows Road. (904) 273-8755.
• Parkinson’s Disease support group, 2 p.m. third Saturday, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, 1 University Blvd., Room 101, St. Augustine. (904) 860-2471.
• Parkinson’s Disease and Related Diseases support group, 12:30-1:30 p.m. first Wednesday, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Cannaday Building, Room 1107. (904) 953-6523.
• Peripheral Neuropathy support group, 10-11:30 a.m. second Saturday, UF Health Jacksonville, 580 W. Eighth St. (904) 244-9719.
• Stroke Busters and Mended Hearts support group, 10 a.m.-noon third Wednesday, UF Health Jacksonville, 10th floor Coleman Room, Tower 2, 580 W. Eighth St. Includes a lecture and free lunch. Parking free. (904) 244-9098.
• Transgender support/social group, 7:30 p.m. first Thursday, Club Metro, 2929 Plum St. All gifts go to the children at Micah’s safe house. (904) 388-8719.
• Transplant Recipients International Organization (TRIO) support group for organ recipients and their families, 7 p.m. third Thursday, St. Vincent’s Southside, Roger Main Building, Room 340. (904) 268-8087.
• The Turning Point Recovery Group, 7-8 p.m. first and third Mondays. Information/location, (904) 803-1285.
• Hope Connection support group for female relatives and friends of inmates and recently ex-offenders, 5:30-7 p.m. first Tuesday, St. Philips Episcopal Church, 321 W. Union St. All welcome. hopeconnectionjax.webs.com/index.htm or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Children and Adolescents with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder parent support group, 7-9 p.m. first Tuesday, The Ronald McDonald House, 824 Children’s Way. (904) 994-0933.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness general membership meeting, 6 p.m. Dec. 11, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Aetna Building, 800 Prudential Drive, eighth floor of the adult tower, function room C.FEatures a review of this year’s accomplishments and plans for next year. A new Board of Directors will be elected.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness Family support group, 7-8:30 p.m. first and third Monday, Healthy Living Center, Winston Family YMCA, 221 Riverside Ave., (904) 314-9466; 7-8:30 p.m. first and third Thursday, Ortega United Methodist Church Library, 4807 Roosevelt Blvd., (904) 388-5166; 7-8:30 p.m. first and third Thursday, Victory Celebration Church, 3220 New Berlin Road, in the fellowship Hall, (904) 757-2203; 7-8:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursday, Memorial Hospital, 3625 University Blvd. S., Classroom 3, (770) 895-2803; Orange Park NAMI support group, 6-7:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, Orange Park Hospital, 2001 Kingsley Ave., Room 2, first floor, (904) 264-6402.
• Obsessive Compulsive adult support group, 7-8:30 p.m. first Thursday, Memorial Hospital, 3625 University Blvd., classroom 4, enter the hospital at the southern-most entrance by the Wells Fargo Bank, (888) 311-0619; support group for parents of children and adolescents with OCD, 7-8:30 p.m. third Thursday, Center One, 10475 Centurion Parkway N. Maps and directions available on website. ocdjacksonville.com.
• Parents Offering Wisdom, Enrichment and Resources, 7 p.m. second Tuesday, Mandarin United Methodist Church, 11270 San Jose Blvd. (904) 276-9487.
To be included in this list of groups, fax to (904) 359-4478 or e-mail email@example.com.