WRITE YOUR LIFE
Author and writing teacher Patricia Charpentier holds a “write your life story” workshop from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday at The Book Loft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach. A $35 fee includes a copy of her book, “Eating an Elephant: Write Your Life One Bite at a Time.”
Novelist Rick Maloy discusses how to keep readers “turning the pages” at the Clay County/Florida Writers meeting 6:15-8 p.m. Wednesday at the Clay County Library, 2054 Plainfield Ave., Orange Park.
Author Michael Brady introduces his new spy thriller, “Into the Shadows,” from 7 -8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Murray Hill Branch Library, 918 Edgewood Ave. S.
Author and psychologist Terri Clements Dean hosts a Creative Hours workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, The Book Loft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
Author Catherine Powers, the wife of country music performer and songwriter Freddy Powers, presents his memoir, “The Spree of ‘83,” from 4-5:30 p.m. Thursday at The Book Loft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
Jacksonville Beach author Ron Whittington introduces his third Parker Glynn adventure, “Free Surface Effect,” from 5-7 p.m. Friday at his favorite “watering hole,” Monkey’s Uncle Tavern, 1850 S 3rd. St., Jacksonville Beach.
Author Jonathon Bryant discusses “Low Country Crime,” a collection of novellas by four different Low Country authors, from 1-4 p.m. Saturday at The Book Loft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
Author and blogger Norine Dworkin-McDaniel brings her award-winning book, “Science of Parenthood: Thoroughly Unscientific Explanations for Utterly Baffling Parenting Situations,” to town for an “adult evening of irreverent comedy and parental commiseration,” 7 p.m. Saturday at MOSH, 1025 Museum Circle. Admission $25.
• “I Like Myself!” and “Cleversticks,” 11 a.m. Tuesday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center.
• “My Friend Maggie,” 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
• “Click Clack Moo,” 11 a.m. Friday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center.
• “Nothing Rhymes with Orange,” by Adam Rex, 11 a.m. Saturday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St. Augustine, 1930 U.S. 1 South.
• “Planning a Purposeful Life: Secrets of Longevity,” a guide down the path of aging by Ponte Vedra author Jeannette Bajalia.
• “I Lizard,” a book about (you guessed it) by Orange Park children’s book author Lynn Latham.
• “Escape to Canada, Rendered in Poetic Overtures,” a travel e-book written in free-verse poetry by award-winning Jacksonville poet and author Walter Joseph Schenck Jr.
• “God’s Love is Like Making Pancakes,” faith-based advice from Jacksonville author Thomas Hughes, available at olbbooks.com and Queen of Angels Catholic Store, 11018 Old St. Augustine Rd.
• “1939: Hollywood’s Greatest Year,” follow the yellow brick road with St. Augustine author and professor Thomas Hischak.
• “Glazed Man and Rat Girl 2,” more superhero adventure and mayhem from Jacksonville native Scott Cahan.
• “Barely Legal,” a new series featuring Herbie Fisher from Stuart Woods.
• “The Store,” a new thriller from James Patterson.
SAVE THE DATE
• National Book Festival, Washington, D.C., Sept. 2.
• Florida Heritage Book Festival, Flagler College, St. Augustine, Sept. 23.
• Florida Writers Conference, Oct. 19-22, Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs.
• Tampa Bay Times Festival of Reading, Nov. 11, St. Petersburg.
Send Bookmarks information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcements must arrive seven days before the Sunday of publication. Events open to all unless stated and always subject to change.